Sunday, December 16, 2007

Winter Storm 2007: a state of emergency......................













It certainly felt like a state of emergency around here this past week. The weather has been a major source of frustration as it has really pump a strain on life in general which has made a usually busy Christmas season even crazier. School was out for us Monday and Tuesday only which was a blessing considering some schools missed the whole week. Unfortunately in my line of work not only do we not get a day off we get busier than usual. The hospital was packed full which created lots of delays with patients needing rooms which backed things up in recovery which made for long hrs for myself and the other staff, not to mention that we were short-staffed as some people couldn't make it in for whatever reason. I was glad to see the week end and even happier to see the bright golden sunshine this morning as I crawled out of bed for church. Today was absolutely gorgeous with the lingering patches of snow shining in the sun and it felt so warm in the sun with no wind. We had 2 great Christmas programs at church today and it really feels like Christmas which it should as we are a mere 8 days away now. The kids are getting anxious as I should admit I am also. I can't wait to pack things up and head out to the grandparents for a long weekend of friends, family, food, and fun. Today was Garrett's 5th bithday which was a low key event as we have already had his official party. But as you can see from the pics we did get a cookie cake and have a family party. Mark and I saved our gift to him for today. I think our parties and misc activities are about over and the kids will be wrapping up school on Wednesday to start the break on Thursday. I have 99% of my shopping done but only about 50% of my wrapping. It will be a busy week. I have my Christmas cards ready to address and mail but that is still a time-consuming process. I pray you will receive them before the week is out. Well it's time for bedtime ritual so I must be going. Merry Christmas and to all a good night............

No comments: