Wednesday, April 9, 2008

April showers bring May flowers...............

My oldest son reminded me of this today as we were running in the pouring rain as I picked him up from after school. I really haven't minded the rain except for the challenges it adds to our everyday routine. I know we need the moisture but it's starting to get a little scary as it started raining in Piedmont about 11:30 this morning and unless I've missed it, it has not ever stopped completely. It's either been pouring or a very steady downfall. It sure has made me sleepy but unfortunately I've had too much to do to rest. Things cont to be busy and hectic around here b/w work, school, and extracurricular goodies. We've had a few add-ins such as some minor oral surgery I underwent last evening. I had a damaged salivary gland in my lower lip from where I accidentally bit my lip. Unfortunately the gland became clogged and I was informed by my oral surgery friends that it would not go away on it's own. So after work yesterday my sweet and caring doctor friends removed it for me. It went great but boy oh boy is it tender and sore today. I haven't really been able to eat and talking is painful which is really painful for me as I love to talk. Hopefully a few days from now I'll be all fixed up. I am glad to have it out as it was making me crazy but my mouth is still really swollen so right now it's like I traded on problem for another. Mark has been working late trying to get his employees trained on their new computer system. The kids are status quo just counting down the days to summer vacation.
Last week we had parent-teacher conferences and both boys are doing well in school. Although I don't want to wish their lives away I am looking forward to having Garrett in all day school next fall which will make scheduling and daycare much easier for me. Addi and I will have some fun mother-daughter time while the bubbas are at school. I do worry though as Addi already misses her bubbas while they are at school and she loves it when Garrett comes home at 11:00 even though he's only been gone 3 hrs. Today due to the rain our satellite wasn't working and the boys couldn't watch the tv show they wanted so the 4 of us had some quality art time together at the table. How nice it is to be home once in a while.
Despite Mark's ongoing efforts he still hasn't been able to get my camera to download so I am still unable to post pics but rest assured we are cont to work on it. I of course want a new camera as I'm tired of waiting but that's just not in the budget this month. So until then you'll just have to hear it as best as I can describe it.

No comments: