Saturday, August 18, 2007

Ahhh, back to school again...



Well it came and went, the first day of school. The boys did great! The biggest challenge was maneuvering the parking lots at the schools as it takes an act of Congress to claim your children these days. It's a shame that the world in which we live demands such tight security for our children but I am grateful for all the efforts to keep them safe. Logan informed me at the breakfast table Thursday morning that he was a "little anxious" about that new school but he'd be brave. Well brave he was and it helped that his best friend and our across the street neighbor was not only in his class but his desk was right next to Logan's desk. The little ones and I walked Logan in and he was soon off like a shot to the playground and the rest as they say was history. Garrett practically walked to school on his own he was so ready. We arrived 15 min early and were the 2nd ones through the door. I was back on my way out before the rest of the children and families with video cameras were even in the door. I'm all about pictures as you can see but really guys, it's only pre-k which lasts 2 hrs/day. Garrett absolutely loved it and is doing better than I could have imagined hopping out of bed to go in the morning. Let's just hope the new doesn't wear off too quickly. Addi had a tough day as it was her first day at home without any Bubbas around and she kept going around the house looking for them. I have a feeling she'll adjust to having mom all to herself pretty quick. It hardly seems possible that the fall semester is now underway as it seems the summer weather just arrived last week. I am not really ready to let go of summer but as I am off to sign the boys up for soccer and flag football I am almost desparate for the fall temps. Our schedule doesn't really allow for the kind of lake trips, etc that we want to go and do so it might as well be cool and we can get on with enjoying the fall. Hope everyone else is having a great weekend. Mark and the kids left at 6 am this morning for his parents in Sallisaw for a very short visit to return the popup camper we had borrowed. I had to stay behind as I am on call at work this weekend so I am enjoying some uninterrupted house cleaning and chore time. Until next time...

No comments: