Friday, August 10, 2007













Last weekend we traveled to my grandparents in Hollis, OK, for one last summer hoorah. We love to go to the farm and just be lazy. We ate and swam and just took life easy.

The picture of Addi with the black on her face was her 1st attempt at applying mascara. She absolutely loves my makeup bag and anytime it gets quiet and I can't find her that is the first place I look. She has also been known to explore lipstick ( her 2nd favorite) and occasionally powder and blush. She also loves to paint her nails and would be practicing with polish except she can't quite get the bottles open yet.

The boys have been busy with back to school prep including shopping for the school supplies, loading their backpacks, etc. Logan has been planning what to take in his lunch the 1st day and is waiting to meet his teacher next Tuesday. Garrett got to meet his teacher at the Primary School last night and loves her. He marched up to her and announced that his name was Garrett and he was in her class. He is excited about the toys in his room and was ready to go this morning when I woke him up. I had to remind him it doesn't start until next week. Let's hope he is still excited then.

I am back to work 3 days/wk starting this week and I feel the summer days coming to a close even though the summer weather has really just begun. These first few weeks are going to be hard but I am almost ready for fall, football, etc. Mark is just doing his same old thing at work which isn't so seasonal. All in all we are doing well. Until our next story...

No comments: