Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Labor Day Weekend 2007








It has long been a standing tradition in my family to spend Labor Day weekend at the lake to celebrate my birthday. The past few years have proven to be challenging with that regard as the family was forced to sell the place at Lake Texoma where we had always gone. We have recently started going to Ft. Cobb lake which isn't Texoma by any means but is still the lake. It is also closer which is great when traveling with a camper and 3 small children. We were blessed to recently inherit our very own camper which Mark has now mastered pulling with the addition of new tires, special mirrors, etc to his truck. My parents took their new used 5th wheel camper to the lake early last week to save our waterfront spots and we took our camper down last Wednesday evening. By Friday afternoon we were all present and accounted for including my grandparents in their camper. We had a great weekend swimming, eating, skiing, eating, riding waverunners, eating, and eating some more. As you can see the kids were little waterdogs and even Addi warmed up to her life jacket by the last day. We had one last hoorah Monday morning before we spent the rest of the day packing, driving home, cleaning and unpacking. It is now Tuesday evening and thank goodness I had the day off because I am just now wrapping up the weekend cleanup and laundry over 24 hrs later. The end of this weekend really signals the end of summer for me so I am now ready to get on with the school year and the fall weather. Even though the warmer weather will likely be around a few more weeks it seems I always lose track of this time of year and look back wondering where the days went. Soccer and cubscouts start officially next week which will fill up our already busy schedule. Mark has a trip planned to Colorado with his dad which has turned into a somewhat annual occurence. I am having the good fortune to go on a little trip of my own this fall which is my biggest birthday present from my hubby. He got to go to San Francisco some years back when I was largely pregnant with one of our children and couldn't attend. So it is payback time and I have the perfect opportunity to travel to California with my sister. Her former roommate is living there so we can stay for free. It will be the longest time I've ever been away from the kids so say some prayers for Mark. I'm not to worried about the kids but Mark is definitely in for a long 5 days. I will of course have prepared all meals, provided plenty of clean clothes (in sets labeled with each day I'll be gone), and have every hour of the day covered with assistant childcare in the form of friends and family but he will still need your prayers!! Tune in next week to see how we are faring without Mark. I of course will be going it alone as we moms just suck it up and do. I have to admit that I will be glad for his safe return as when he is gone I do realize how much he really does help. There's nothing like time away to make us appreciate what we have is there?

No comments: