Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Down for the count.............................

Well we are definitely down for the count. We could escape it no longer. I am sad to say that our family or at least over 1/2 of us have the flu. Garrett, Addi Grace, and myself are battling the misery of the full-blown body aches, headache, fever, sinus yuck, etc, etc. So far Mark and Logan have escaped and I am doing everything in my power to keep them healthy. It's not like they are really taking care of us but it's 2 more people I don't have to take care of in my sickened state, cause as you know a mom can never really be off-duty, we just have to load up on Motrin and keep going, or at least that's what I've been doing. I have stayed home from work the last 2 days and have rested as much as possible. That is a challenge with a very needy Addi Grace on my heels, in my lap, hanging from my leg, depending on what duty I am trying to accomplish. Mostly I am just busy trying sanitize the house and keep us from passing it back and forth, so I was my hands every 5 minutes. If you've ever been to a doctor's office where they have separate waiting areas for the well and the sick, that's basically what we've done to our home. The little ones and I are camping out in the master bedroom and Mark has relocated to the bottom bunk in the boys' room. I have drug myself out of bed to get the boys off to school each morning and managed to run the mommy taxi at least to school and back. Other than that we are housebound. Mark escapes every morning to work where I know he is relieved to be as it's a break from the overbearing household he comes home to each evening with me so miserably under the weather. Speaking of weather this nasty cold front isn't helping anything either. I can't wait to see what lovely precip the next 24 hrs brings along with the howling north wind we currently have. It sure would be nice to have no school tomorrow but I doubt I'll be that lucky. Picking Logan up from school has become a great challenge. Since it's so cold they are holding the kids in the cafeteria and we have to go stand in line to claim them one at a time instead of them being able to come out and meet us. As you can imagine this takes a while to complete the process and is very annoying for the parents standing in line outside in the bitter cold, the very cold that the kids supposedly can't handle. Don't they know that kids are more resilient than we adults. Just let them run out like usual I say!! Well I've escaped Beauty and the Beast for about as long as Addi is going to tolerate so I hope this finds you all in better shape than us. Later....

No comments: