Tuesday, February 26, 2008

On the mend...............














Well a week later we are mostly better, or at least those of us that were sick last week. Mark has succombed to a similar fate with a nasty sinus infection/cold/fever, etc. He stayed home from work today and we are avoiding him like the plague for which he is grateful or he should be. I kindly reminded him that while he stayed home in peace & quiet today, I took the kids to school/daycare and went to work. This was not a treasure of which I got to partake in last week when I had the flu. Don't get me wrong, it's my job, and I love it but it is hard not to remind our precious menfolk of the different expectations made of us moms whether we are 100% or 50% (most moms I know never get to function at <50%).>



The pics I have today are a few from this past weekend when we were just taking life easy. The kids built forts out of the couch cushions and every pillow/blanket we own. The pics are of them after the fort crashed and they gave up to watch cartoons. The others are misc shots including Addi modeling some of her precious new duds and Garrett in his president's day mask. A HUGE thanks to my dearest friend who took her precious time to sew Addi Grace some amazing outfits. We attended the Affair of the Heart a few weeks ago and saw many cute home-embellished outfits which my friend knew she could duplicate. So we scouted the cute material and xtras at Hobby Lobby and she whipped out the darling outfits you see above. Addi loved each and every one and danced around for an hour trying them on and changing from one to the next.




Hope you are all well. We have one more weekend of no real hard-core plans and from then on it seems like our weekends are booked. Mark and Logan have a cubscout sleepover at the Omniplex coming up and spring break and Easter are right around the corner. I know it's only the end of Feb but it seems as if school will be out before we know it and I for one am ready. Most of all I'm ready for the time to change and our days to seem longer. Ah the wait for spring!!

No comments: