Monday, December 29, 2008

Keep the celebrations coming..........





































Well we've had the 1st half of our Christmas and still have more to come. We spent last week in Duncan with my family at least for the most part. We all embarked on my parents home at some time Christmas Eve and the party started. We started with our newest tradition started just last year, dirty santa, Redelsperger style! One party purchases the gifts (with the funds donated by mom and dad, thanks you guys) and then we use the traditional number rules to swap and play. I did manage to come away with some stuff I liked but since I did shop for all the gifts, that wasn't too hard. Now rest assured I did choose an equal amt of male and female gifts lest you men worry about our guys ending up with girl stuff. Then it was off to bed for Santa to come and boy did he remember us. Those kids must have been really good this year. We adults were thrilled that the kiddos let us sleep in till 8:00 which was awesome since we had stayed up so late ourselves trying to see Santa!!! After stockings and Santa we opened our gifts to each other and I think everyone was thrilled. Probably the highlight of the exchange was the Wii which was our family gift. I think we've already just about gotten our money's worth out of it. What fun! I currently hold the tennis record while my sis is a champion bowler. The kids seem to be good at all of it.




Christmas day was a marathon of eating, Wii, naps, playin with the baby cousin (now 3 mo old), and just good old family fun. Mark and I packed our small bags to make a flying trip to Eureka Springs, Arkansas, the next day. We left early Friday morning and made the 6 hr drive in order to see Mark's brother get married. The wedding was Friday evening, followed by dinner and hanging out, followed by a short night there, and back in the car early Sat morning to drive back to Duncan. I have to give the credit to Mark for all the driving although I offered. He drove the whole way and let me sleep and read (neither that he is good at in the car). Thanks honey for a nice little break.


The rest of the weekend was a blur of more eating, church Sunday morning, and Mark's birthday. My sweet hubby turned 35 yrs old yesterday and we had a little cake and singing in his honor. The best part was his gift, which just happened to go along with our Wii. Now I've heard a lot of people talk about Guitar Hero, but little did I know how easy it is to become an addict. After much debate and shopping around my sis and I decided on the entire kit, guitars, drums, microphone, etc. We set up the whole band and boy did we have a blast. From the youngest to the oldest, everyone got a turn, and we even got some on video! I'll have to figure out how to post that one sometime. We came home late last night and have spent all day today trying to unpack and get ready for the 2nd half of our holiday, to be spent with Mark's family. Mark is working this week and I am working Tues/Thur so we have that to finish first.


Hope you all had a great Christmas. More to come when ours is done............

No comments: