Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Snow days............................................


Garrett and Addi

Eating snow


Logan and Addi



Sweet Addi Grace




Garrett sailing down hill





Garrett and Logan






Logan relieved that spelling bee was over!







Can't really see him so far away, but Logan is spelling his 1st word (ulna)!








Is it rain, is it freezing drizzle, is it sleet, is it snow? Well the answer is yes to all the above. What crazy weather these past few days. Not really crazy for OK I suppose as we are used to this stuff but what an inconvenience. Mark and I attended Logan's spelling bee early Monday morning and went in late to work. It was the beginning of the precip and little did we realize what was to come. As OK began to shut down midday Monday, I rec'd calls from the school and daycare that we needed to come get the kiddos. Fortunately Mark got to leave work around 3:30 and made it to get the kids just in time. I was stuck at work for the duration and it took me 2 hrs from the time I walked out of the hospital to de-ice my car and get home. But as duty calls for us medical people, I braved the elements again Tues morning to go back. Ironically when everyone else is shut down for this stuff, the hospital is busier than ever! Of course lots of our xtra surgeries were people who neglect the advice to stay inside and end up getting hurt. Can't tell you how many broken bones I've seen this week. Anyway, Mark's office was closed so it was slumber party, movie and Wii day at our home. Although the going was slow, I had no trouble getting to work and back and was ever so glad to be home last night. With school out again today and waking up to a winter wonderland with bright sunshine, I think I actually turned out to have the best day off I could have! Mid-morning I bundled the kids up and we headed out to sled, and sled we did. There were several neighborhood kids zooming down the hill and I admit that I joined in for a few runs and it was quite fun. Even Addi Grace got in on the action, little dare-devil that she is. Despite her sinus infection she had a great time. Although she and I needed to thaw after about an hour, the boys were out for several hrs. They even complained about being hot! I thought surely to goodness that school would resume tomorrow but we've already heard that it's cancelled. Too bad b/c I sure don't want to tack any days on at the end of school but I am sure that's what will happen and the winter isn't likely even over yet. There could be more of this in our immediate future. I guess we'll take it as it comes. Hope this finds you all well and cozy warm.

No comments: