Tuesday, October 30, 2007

A Good Old-fashioned Halloween Party...













Well there were hotdogs & hamburgers, a pumpkin pinata, apple bobbing, smores, scooter rides, friends and family galore, all the key ingredients for one awesome old-fashioned family Halloween weekend celebration. Mark's brother was in for the weekend from Detroit so the extended family jumped in and made it a regular holiday. We don't need much excuse to get together to eat and play but it is special these days to have Uncle Gary in town since he lives so far away. This was our first visit since we traveled to Michigan this past summer to see his new place. I think the pics tell it all, that we had FUN, FUN, FUN. The weather was a picture-perfect fall day which made the outdoor festivities even better. The kids had fun just playing around, not to mention getting to bob for apples ( I think this is a dying game due to sanitation concerns in the general population party), bust the pumpkin pinata, and eat, eat, eat. The food was great and I want to say thanks to all those who provided. This was a great weekend for me because other than getting my family there and helping out, I wasn't responsible for providing one thing. We wrapped up the weekend with our own recent family tradition of pumpkin-carving. It was great to visit with Mark's extended family and friends especially since we won't get to do Thanksgiving with them. We have the dilemma every year of which family to spend the holidays with so we long ago started a routine of trading holidays between Mark and I's respective families as we simply cannot be 2 places at once. Getting everyone together has only proved to be more challenging as the years have gone by and the families continue to grow. This year we will be in western OK with my family for Thanksgiving and in eastern OK with Mark's family for Christmas.
Well without being too graphic let me just say that I had to take a little break just now to clean up after my sweet baby girl. Addi came home "sick" from the daycare yesterday afternoon after one episode of vomiting. It was our consensus that she had a bunch of mucous on her tummy from her cold drainage and just had a little upset stomach as she proved fine the minute she rolled through the door at home. Well that is not the case today. The vomiting started around 5:00 am and hasn't let up as yet. She also seems to have diarrhea so we are having a not so great day around here. As Garrett says, I sure hope I don't get as stinky as Addi. I pray we don't pass it around whatever IT is. And most importantly I hope she gets well before Halloween. The long-awaited costumes ordered online have finally arrived and the boys are so excited to dress up tomorrow. Both selections of Zorro and a Knight have been a hit. Addi is supposed to be Snow White so we'll see how it goes. Tune in Thursday for the Halloween recap....




No comments: