Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Trick-or-treat, smell my feet.....










Well another Halloween has now come and gone and I must say it was a great success. Despite some drama last week awaiting the late arrival of Logan's costume, everything went smoothly and what a blast! The kids all looked awesome as you can see and Addi made a terrific comeback from her illness just in time to trick-or-treat with her bubbas. Logan was Zorro, Garrett was a knight, and Addi was Snow White just in case you couldn't make it out from the pics. The only disappointment was that due to Addi's stomach bug yesterday I didn't feel good about taking her to the boys' fall parties today which I had taken off work to attend. It was just as well that I already had the day off as I would have had to have called in sick to stay home with her. It was evident early this morning that she was making a rapid recovery but I didn't want to chance a relapse during a school party. I would forever be remembered as THAT MOM who brought her sick child to the party and exposed the entire class. So we stayed home and took it easy. After we picked the boys up from school we got everybody dressed, had a little photo shoot, and headed for the church to attend the fall festival. It was the usual hotdogs and burgers, followed by games, candy, and inflatables. We headed out for the real deal trick-or-treating with some friends of ours around 7:00. Our friends live out in the country without neighbors so they came to our neighborhood where we made the rounds. The kids cleaned up and now we have more candy than we know what to do with. The night was a great success and everyone had a ball. And as Logan said as I tucked him in tonight, "Well mom, I guess now it's time for Thanksgiving and turkey stuff...." and so I guess it is!

No comments: